To effectively motivate a team, it’s imperative to have strong trust. David shares nine ways to build trust and respect that will motivate your team.
- Be systematic in getting to know your team personally
- Provide consistant and ongoing validation
- Discover their personal internal style
- Find out their external behavior syle and communicate the same way they do.
- Be a person of your word
- Keep looking for areas to delegate and build responsibility
- Regularly ask for feedback and input from your team members. Don’t get defensive when you hear things.
- Make sure you strategically meet one on one regularly with team members.
- Reveal yourself
Podcast: Play in new window | Download